Strengthened capacity of the Gherla prison, in particular, and of the penitentiary system, in general, to efficiently assist the psycho-social recovery of women deprived of liberty
Budget: 1.232.437 Euro
Duration of the Project: April 2014 - April 2016
Project Promotor: National Administration of Penitentiaries
Target group: women deprived of liberty, including Roma ethnics and prison staff working with this vulnerable group of prisoners.
- Bredtveit Prison;
- Gherla Prison.
Output 1: A therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison established and equipped.
Activity 1.1 Designing, establishing and equipping the therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison.
- A therapeutic community center for women in Gherla Prison created and equipped;
- 60 detention facilities that meet minimum standards of 4 sq / person deprived of liberty;
Output 2: A special psycho-social recovery program and clinic protocols for the assistance of women deprived of liberty developed.
- Developing a clinic protocol for assisting the women deprived of liberty suffering of depression
- Developing a clinic protocol for assisting the women deprived of liberty suffering of anxiety
- Developing a clinic protocol for assisting the women deprived of liberty suffering of personality disorders
- Developing a program for the personal optimization of women deprived of liberty
Output 3: Improved professional competence and knowledge of prison staff working with women deprived of liberty.
- 11 psychologists trained in psychological diagnosis and clinical evaluation;
- 19 specialists from the medical area and psychosocial assistance trained;
- 20 specialists trained on the methodology of therapeutic community;
- One dissemination session for 30 employees from other penitentiaries;
- 320 manuals comprising each protocol and program, distributed in all the prison system.