DATA ARTICOL: $reserved-article-create-date-formatted
Between 26-27 September 2016, a series of events were organized marking the completion of the implementation of activities under the project Establishing a therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison, run by the National Administration of Penitentiaries in partnership with Bredtveit Prison from Norway and Gherla Prison.
Thus, on September 26, 2016 a visit to the therapeutical centre for women – Lotus was organized, located inside Gherla Prison, including the participation of Ms. Raluca Prună, the Minister of Justice of Romania, Her Excellency Ms. Tove Bruvik Westberg, the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway in Romania, representatives of the Embassy, of the project partners, representatives of the Ministry of Justice – Programme Operator and the Ministry of European – the National Focal Point and other representatives from Romanian prison system.
Within the final conference, organized on September 27, 2016 the manner of achieving the objectives was assessed and the projects results were promoted.
Results obtained by implementing the project Establishing a therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison:
- A functional therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison established and equipped;
- 60 detainee/prisoner places which meet minimum standards of 4 square meters per detainee/prisoner.
- A clinical protocol for depression developed, implemented and edited in 80 copies;
- A clinical protocol for anxiety developed, implemented and edited in 80 copies;
- A clinical protocol for personality disorders developed, implemented and edited in 80 copies
- A program for personal optimization developed, implemented and edited in 80 copies.
- 11 psychologists trained on psycho diagnose and clinical evaluation;
- 19 persons from medical area, psycho-social assistance trained;
- 30 prison staff trained on the therapeutic community methodology;
- 1 dissemination session for 30 prison staff from other penitentiary units that are specialized in women custody;
- 110 women (including Roma ethnics) deprived of liberty participated in the special assistance programs developed
- 50 persons from the Romanian prison system participated in study visits in Norway
- 320 manuals comprising each protocol and the program for the personal optimization of women deprived of liberty distributed in all the units who have women in custody;
To ensure visibility of the project were carried out a series of promotional activities, as follows:
- 1 launch conference of the project;
- 3 banners with visibility elements of the project;
- 100 leaflets promoting the project;
- general information of the project were posted on the NAP official website;
- one intermediate conference;
- the project website http://norwaygrants.anp.gov.ro/;
- one final conference of the project.
The project is implemeted during April 2014 – December 2016, has a budget of 1.232.437 euros and is supported by a grant from Norway through the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009 – 2014, Programme RO23 Correctional services, including non custodial sanctions.
The project aims at establishing a therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla prison, at developing special psycho-social recovery programs for their assistance, as well as at improving the professional competence and knowledge of the prison staff working with women deprived of liberty.
More details about this project are available at: http://norwaygrants.anp.gov.ro/despre-proiect-gherla
- Press release
- Inauguration of the Therapeutic Centre
- Construction works were completed under the project ”Establishing a therapeutic Community center for women in the Gherla Prison”
- Innovation in the Criminal Enforcement Field: a Therapeutic Community Centre for the Psycho-Social Recovery of Women Deprived of Liberty
- The project “Establishing a therapeutic community centre for women in Gherla Prison” has been launched